Understanding how to install pip on Windows isn’t as difficult as you may think. For those unfamiliar with Python development, installing pip is a simple process that will allow you to use packages and modules from the Python Package Index (PyPI) in your projects. With this guide, you’ll gain the knowledge needed to understand and install pip on any version of Windows. Learn How to Install Pip on Windows?
How to Install Pip on Windows?
What is Pip?
Pip stands for “Pip Installs Packages,” and it is a tool for installing packages from the PyPI library. It’s important to note that pip is not installed by default with Python, so if you want to use it, you must first install it.
Installing Pip for Python 2.7 and Above
If you are using Python 2.7 or above, then pip comes pre-installed with Python; however, if it isn’t there or if you have an older version of Python installed, then follow these steps:
- Download the get-pip file from the official website (https://pip.pypa.io/en/stable/installing/) and save it onto your computer
- Right-click on the get-pip file and select “Run as Administrator” from the dropdown menu
- Follow the instructions that appear in the command prompt window for completing installation When prompted to choose a location of installation directory, type “C:/Python27/Scripts”
- Once installation is complete, verify that pip was successfully installed by typing “pip –version” into the command prompt window followed by pressing Enter
If successful, a message should appear indicating which version of pip has been installed
• If unsuccessful, try reinstalling again following all steps outlined above exactly as they are written Install Pip for Earlier Versions of Python. If you are using an earlier version of Python (2.4 – 2.6), then follow these steps:
• Download ez_setup from https://bootstrap.pypa.io/ez_setup/ez_setup-0.9dev-py2x3x4x5x6x7x8x9x10x11x12x13x14xx15xx16xx17xx18xx19xx20xx21xxx22xxx23xxx24xxx25xxx26xxx27xxxx28xxxx29xxxx30xxxxxxxx31xxxxxxxx32xxxxxxxx33xxxxxxxx34xxxxxxxx35xxxxxxxx36xxxxxxxx37xxxx38xxxx39xxxx40…..tar.gz and save it onto your computer
• Right-click on ez_setup file and select Run as Administrator from dropdown menu
• After running ez_setup files successfully open up command prompt window again
• Type in “python” followed by pressing Enter key
• Type in “import setuptools” followed by pressing Enter key
• Type in “setuptools” followed by pressing Enter key
• Follow instructions that appear after running setup files until successful completion Congratulations! You have just successfully completed installing Pip on Windows!
Installing pip on Windows may seem like a daunting task; however, with this ultimate guide at hand anyone can easily understand how to install Pip for any version of Windows! Whether you are using an earlier version such as 2.4 – 2.6 or a newer version such as 2.7+, following this step-by-step guide will ensure success when installing Pip onto your system! Good luck!