Are you having trouble with your computer running slow, freezing up, and not responding? A hard reset of Windows 10 is a great way to restore optimal performance by wiping all user data and restoring the computer to its original settings. Read on for a step-by-step guide on how to hard reset Windows 10. learn How to Hard Reset Windows 10?
How to Hard Reset Windows 10?
- Step 1: Back Up Your Data – This is an important first step that can save you from losing important files, documents, photos, and other data. Make sure to back up any files or programs that you want to keep before continuing with the hard reset process.
- Step 2: Access Reset Options – From the Start Menu, click on Settings > Update & Security > Recovery Within this menu, select “Reset this PC” and then click “Get Started”. This will open a new window with two options; “Keep my files” or “Remove everything”. Depending on how much data you want to erase (and if it is backed up) choose one of these two options.
- Step 3: Follow Onscreen Instructions – Once you have selected an option, follow the prompts given by the system until completion. The entire process should take about 20 minutes depending on the size of your drive and other factors.
- Step 4: Reinstall Programs & Files – After the reset has finished and your computer has rebooted, reinstall any programs or files that were backed up before starting the process. You may need to update drivers as well based on their system compatibility. Make sure all updates are installed before using your computer again.
- Step 5: Verify & Optimize Settings – Once all downloads have been completed and all programs have been reinstalled, make sure everything is working correctly by verifying settings and optimizing performance where necessary. This could include adjusting resolution settings for optimum viewing quality or changing sound settings for better audio quality.
A hard reset can be a great way to restore optimal performance when your computer is running slow or freezing up due to built-up data over time. Following these 5 easy steps will help ensure that your machine runs smoothly after being restored back to factory default settings. Remember to always backup any important files before performing a hard reset just in case anything goes wrong during the process!